June 12, 2010

Where the cats gone???

What a dry spell....for the last 3 drives I have not seen a cat and it is frustrating me endlessly. Either they have all gone to watch the football or someone spiked the water with red bull cause there has been no sign of a leopard, not a foot print, not an alarm call...





I have been having to keep the guests busy with all the small things which is great when you have a nice cat once in a while but this is ridiculous. Even last night we went to go see if we could find the lions, that the rest had seen whilst I was madly trying to find the leopard for my guests that were leaving that day and that was the last of the 5 they needed to see, but they miraculously disappeared too. It would have made missing the Bafana game worthwhile if I could have at least wowed guests with a pride of lions. At least I got updates over the radio and when we scored my tracker and I did a little happy dance on our drive! The drive was at least topped off by some MAGNIFICENT stars and a spotted eagle owl!!


All this cat hunting...and then finally, there was hope. The lions had been found and I mode my way there. All 14 fast asleep around their waterbuck kill from the last night that was completely finished. FANTASTIC....guests are now super happy and now tonight we going to find that little leopard!!!

1 comment: